The Human Intervention Core is a group of faculty and staff with extensive experience conducting numerous observational and interventional studies examining the gut microbiome. Core services include:
Study Design Consultation
- Input on protocols and consent forms
- Selection of dietary history instruments
- Guidance about specimen collection frequency, specimen processing and testing
Study Organization Consultation & Resources
- Methods/materials: stool collection, rectal swabs, blood and urine spots, OGTT, CGM
- Case report forms
- Regulatory considerations
- Training for research coordinators
Pilot Study Implementation
- If staffing available, able to implement small pilot studies
For further information or to request assistance from the Microbiome Human Intervention Core, please fill out the form here.
If you have any additional questions, please email Project Manager, nessel [at] pennmedicine.upenn.edu (Lisa Nessel).